- It takes a good amount of experience to write a good recipe.
- You make recipes out of recipes
- Once a recipe is written, it reduces the number of commands you have to give to create something.
- A recipe is perfected over time, and everyone reusing it benefits from it.
- If you want to make a recipe with other recipes, you should know what the other recipes have in them. This is not necessary if you are just following a recipe.
Writing an interface is like making a chair.
- It looks very easy. You just have to know how to cut and nail things, right?
There are rules you follow which are acquired by experience. Too many gotchas prevent you from doing it right the first time (or 100 times). UI design is not just putting strings in tables with images and colors, mmkay?